Sushi is always popular at a catered event and makes really tasty, easy to eat fingerfood. The Brisk sushi is exceptionally popular for luncheons and evening events. It's freshly made by our Brisk chef and is extremely authentic. All of the ingredients we use are procured locally and raw fish is delivered on the day of preparation so you know you are always getting exceptional Brisk quality.
If you want to know a little more about the origins of sushi we can tell you that it appeared during 2 AD in the Southeast of Asia. It was developed because meat and fish needed to stay fresh so it could be eaten at a later date. Obviously there was no refrigeration so meat and fish was cured instead, then wrapped in rice. Then the wraps were left to ferment for a few months. When ready, the rice was removed and discarded.
As with many good ideas, the Japanese soon adopted this method but added rice wine or sake to their recipes. 1000 years later, vinegar was added as another ingredient which helped fermentation and meant that people could enjoy their cured meat and fish faster, with no need to wait several months. Fast forward to the 19th century and Japanese chefs began to use raw fish wrapped in rice - this is the modern form of sushi we all now know and love.
Of course, as you would imagine we don't cure our meat and fish, everything is exceedingly fresh and lovingly prepared. Enjoy the following fillings:
- Prawn, needs no introduction, premium quality prawns.
- Tempura Prawn, lightly battered high quality prawns, fried in sesame oil
- Teryaki Chicken, pieces of tender chicken in the Brisk special teryaki sauce
- Tuna, fresh pieces of quality tuna wrapped in sushi rice
- Tofu, fresh pieces of tofu wrapped in sushi rice
- California, sometimes referred to as Makizushi comprising of fresh cucumber, crab and avocado